Are you a post-secondary student or recent graduate? Do you want to help with COVID-19 response and give back to your community this summer? Do you want to build your resume and earn a grant this Fall?
What is CSSG?
The Government of Canada has recently created the Canada Student Service Grant (CSSG), a program that will provide thousands of qualified post-secondary students with learning and volunteer opportunities to address relevant COVID-19 challenges at Canadian not-for-profits during summer 2020. Students participating will be eligible to apply for a grant, which will provide up to $5,000 to be used towards post-secondary education costs. The grant is based on the number of validated volunteer hours completed between June 25, 2020 and October 31st, 2020. Student volunteers receiving the Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) ($1,250 monthly) are also eligible to apply for a CSSG.
The new Canada Student Service Grant (CSSG) aims to encourage young people to take part in service activities that will help them support their communities’ COVID-19 response and gain invaluable experience.
Administered by WE Charity, the CSSG is a one-time payment available at five levels, ranging from $1,000 to $5,000. The amount will vary based on the number of hours each volunteer completes, with $1,000 provided for each 100 hours completed, up to a maximum of $5,000 for 500 hours.
To be eligible to participate in a CSSG opportunity, a person must:
- be enrolled and attending a part-time or full-time post-secondary education (PSE) during Spring/Summer 2020 and/or Fall 2020 at an accredited institution; or
- have graduated from PSE no earlier than December 2019; and
- be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, First Nations, Métis or Inuit, or have Refugee status; and
- confirm they are able to participate in the CSSG if they are under 18 years of age by allowing us to contact their parent or guardian via email
To be eligible to receive the CSSG grant at the completion of the volunteer opportunity, a person must:
- be a post-secondary student or recent graduate, 30 years of age or younger by December 31st, 2020, who meets the eligibility criteria including the required number of volunteer service hours
- not be an international student or a person who has or is currently receiving the CERB ($2,000 monthly)
To apply for the Canada Student Service Grant , please call us at 905-273-6788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are ready to help you with the whole application process.