Are you going to appear for CAEL assessment? Do you have questions on how to achieve the desired band scores in English? This article is just in time and on point to acquaint you with the tips that could be followed in order to make it easy for you to meet the requirements of English language assessment. This article is just in time and on point to acquaint you with the tips that could be followed in order to make it easy for you to meet the requirements of English language assessment.
Here’s what you should do to improve your band score in Speaking:
- Speak clearly and at a natural pace: It’s important to be clear and concise whenever we are taking a speaking exam. Some candidates try to develop an accent and thus, go off topic sometimes which results in a much lower band score. For you to achieve the score you need, it’s of utmost importance to speak clearly and in an organised manner.
- Do not worry about your accent: As a candidate you do not need to worry about your accent, all that should matter is the organisation of the content and the delivery of the content. You should start speaking as per the prompt and must be able to finish your talk in time.
- Take notes: Taking
notes can actually help you be fluent in your content and, eventually, you will
sound confident, which in turn will have a positive effect on your performance
during the speaking task. It’s crucial to make notes while you have time to
prepare your answer for speaking.
- Manage your time: In CAEL, each test is time bound; when it comes to speaking evaluation, you will be given a specific amount of time to plan and record your answer; do not panic during the preparation time and organize your speech in continuity as per your question prompt. Time has a significant role to play in CAEL, specifically in speaking module.
- Use a wide range of vocabulary
and grammatical structures: It’s absolutely fundamental to
use academic English because CAEL tests you on your ability to use academic
English. If you are able to convince the examiner of your word bank and also
are able to use it at ease, there’s nothing that can stop you from getting the
desired band score.
- Practice using a computer: Since CAEL is a computer delivered test, it is, thus, advised that you should practice on a computer since day one. It will not only acquaint you with the pattern, but you will also feel much relaxed while you take the test. Speaking to oneself can be weird, so if you already practice speaking on a computer, it would be much easier for you at the test centre.