As the business world is growing at an alarming rate, the need for the skilled professionals in the field of payroll and accounting has become more important than ever before. Payroll and accounting are important part of business, whether it is a small business or a large business. To acknowledge the role of account and payroll in the business world let’s learn what exactly payroll and accounting is.
What is payroll and accounting?
Accounting has ever been important in the business world as it keeps the record of all the cash flow. The field of accounting and payroll is a crucial component of any successful business. Payroll is a narrow domain of accounting which keeps tracks of everything starting from salaries and wages, tax reduction and cost benefits. In this scenario accounting and payroll administrator is the one who can manage all these processes very efficiently.
Accounting and payroll as a career
Account and payroll are the important part of any organization. So, choosing a career in accounting and payroll is a rewarding choice that offers numerous benefits that makes it an attractive career option. Following are some of the benefits:
1. Job stability: Stability is a crucial factor of accounting and payroll as every business sector requires skilled accounting and payroll professionals to manage their finances. The demand for accounting and payroll administrators is growing along with the business sector, so those who choose to work in this field may expect job security and stability for the duration of their careers.
2. Career growth: Being in this field you grow each day as a professional and get many opportunities to advance to higher level positions within the organization. There are multiple higher-level positions like financial analyst, controller and so on, along with higher position comes higher salaries, increase responsibilities and opportunities to lead team or entire department.
3. Higher wages: Individuals working in accounting and payroll earn a good amount of money., According to the information from PayScale Canada, the anticipated salary of payroll professionals is C$39,588 – C$61,922.
4. Leave impression: As an accounting professional you can mark a positive impact on the organization as well as individuals by making sure that the employees are paid accurately and on time, helping in creating a positive work environment and promoting employee satisfaction.
5. Skill development: Throughout your work for accounting and payroll you learn multiple transferable skills like problem solving, analytical thinking, communication, attention to details and teamwork. These are some of the basic skills that are required in every field, so one can also pursue another career and use these skills there.
List of payroll and accounting courses:
Canada offers a variety of payroll and accounting courses. Whether you want to pursue a diploma, degree, or certification program. Here some of the most popular payroll and accounting courses:
1. Accounting and payroll administration diploma: This program is designed to give individuals basic idea of accounting principles, bookkeeping, financial statements, payment procedures and tax preparation. The course is offered by various colleges as well as private career colleges across Canada. The time duration of accounting and payroll administration diploma would be 6 to 18 months, depending on the institution.
2. Payroll administrator certificate: It is a self-directed online course in which students can learn about how to maintain record of payroll, salaries of workers, learn to calculate taxable benefits and other deductions and knows to prepare T4s and T4 summary and so on.
3. Online accounting and payroll courses in Canada: There are many colleges and universities across Canada that offers accounting and payroll courses online that students can do on their own pace. These courses cover topics like financial accounting, payroll administration, tax preparation and accounting software.
4. Computerized accounting: This course will impart office skills and business concepts that you can apply in real world at your work. After this course you will be able to handle statistical and accounting data, produce financial reports and memoranda, manage files and records, and carry out a variety of office duties.
5. Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) Certification: This certification program is offered by the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA). The program typically takes two to three years to complete and covers payroll practices, employment standards, taxation, and labor laws. Graduates of the program may pursue careers as payroll managers or payroll administrators.
6. Online bookkeeper certificate: This is a career oriented online program in which learners will learn the principles of bookkeeping and step by step techniques to be a professional bookkeeper.
Apart from these courses there are many offline as well as online accounting and payroll courses in Ontario that learners can opt for and pursue successful leading career. If you are interested in pursuing a career in accounting and payroll, consider enrolling in a program that offers courses in accounting tax, and payroll. The fees for accounting and payroll courses may vary depending on the length of program and institution. Academy of Learning Mississauga East offers a variety of courses related to payroll and accounting, for instance; Accounting and Payroll Administrator course has a minimal fee of around $12,310 which is for approximately 36 weeks, Payroll and accounting certificate of 17 weeks has a fee around $6,500 and Payroll administrator certificate of 17 weeks duration cost only $5,805.
By enrolling in these courses, you can gain the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in a career in accounting and payroll. For more information about the Accounting and Payroll program or to enroll, visit the Academy of Learning, Mississauga East Campus website at www.aolmississauga.com or call them at +1 (905) 273 6788.